International Sessions (IS)
Purpose of the International Sessions
The 39th annual conference of the Robotics Society of Japan (RSJ) will be held virtually. The purpose of International Sessions (IS) is to provide opportunities for presenting and discussing research in English, and to promote exchange of ideas and interactions among broad audience and participants. Specifically, this session uses English as an official language including presentations and discussions. A conference registration fee is required to attend and/or present papers in the International Sessions. Short papers with 1-4 pages written in English are welcome.
Call for Papers
International Sessions, the 39th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan
- Date: September 8th - 11th, 2021
- Venue: Virtual Conference
- Deadline for Application: Noon of
June 14, 2021June 21, 2021
- Deadline for Paper Submission: Noon of
July 14, 2021July 19, 2021
Authors are requested to follow the normal submission procedure and upload their papers electronically in PDF format through the conference website. The detailed procedure for submitting a paper is shown below. The fee for one paper submission is included in the conference registration fee. For more submissions, an extra submission fee is required.
■ IS1: Human and Robot
Gentiane Venture (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology/AIST)
Gentiane Venture (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology/AIST) venture[at]cc.tuat.ac.jp
（Replace [at] with @.)
Developing robots that can operate in human environment and proximity requires to understand human behaviors and movements, and to study situations when robots and humans are actually operating together. This session aims at providing a space for discussion on the above aspects by inviting speakers to present their work on a broad range of topics ranging from human motion science to human-robot interaction.
■ IS2: AI, Learning and Control
Jun Nakanishi (Meijo University)
Jun Nakanishi (Meijo University) jnakanis[at]meijo-u.ac.jp
（Replace [at] with @.)
The aim of this session is to provide opportunities for discussing a broad range of topics relevant to AI, learning and control in robotics. We welcome submissions from all aspects on the theoretical development and practical applications of AI and learning approaches to robot control. Any other relevant topics are also highly encouraged.
■ IS3: Robotics and Manipulation
Kenji Tahara (Kyushu University)
Kenji Tahara (Kyushu University) tahara[at]mech.kyushu-u.ac.jp
（Replace [at] with @.)
Object manipulation is one of the most basic skills required for robotic systems, and that is becoming a new phase by many new approaches such as learning or optimization techniques or soft robotic systems, whereas still difficult to make it like as human. Aiming at realizing dexterous manipulation, this session will provide an opportunity to discuss the cutting edge of robotic manipulation in all aspects of theories and applications.
Paper Submission for IS
■ Application for presentation and paper submission
Each contributor must apply for the presentation through the conference website, and then upload the manuscript in PDF format．
Application for Presentation: Noon of June 14, 2021
Paper Submission: Noon of July 14, 2021
■ Writing manuscripts
- Manuscripts for the International Sessions must be in English, and up to 4 A4-size pages.
- For formatting your page, set the top and side margins to 20mm and the bottom margin to 27mm. This gives a space of 250mm * 170mm for your document.
- Use two columns in all pages except for the title and the authors' information.
- Please use 10pt font for the main text. The following guidelines are for the structure of a paper written in English.
- Title: 12pt, Roman, boldface type
- Authors' names and affiliations: 12pt, Roman (put an asterisk * beside the presenter's name)
- Main text: 10pt
- References: 9pt
- In the main text, each reference citation should be enclosed in brackets, and all references should be listed together at the end of the manuscript.
- Their formats are based on those of the Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan.
[number] author names: "paper title", title of the journal, volume, issue, pp.xxx-xxx, year.
[number] author names: title of the book, publisher, year.
- Please download and use the following Latex or Microsoft Word templates.
■ Creating a PDF file
The submitted PDF file will be included "as is" in the conference DVD-ROM. In order to minimize the efforts to revise and reformat them by the conference organizer, please double-check printing quality, security settings, and all formats of your manuscripts before submission. Contact us if you have any inquiries before submitting your paper.
When creating a PDF file, the following guidelines must be followed:
- The file size should be less than 3M Bytes.
- Don't over-degrade the printing quality when reducing the file size.
- Since submitted files will be edited later by the conference organizer to include a header and footer, confirm that the top and side margins are 20mm and the bottom margin is 27mm, respectively.
- DON'T ACTIVATE ANY SECURITY OPTIONS of your PDF file.
- Please recheck whether your paper meets all of the above criteria.
- If you have troubles on the submission system, the cause might be file compression process in the PDF file. Please check the following operation to avoid the problem, or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
[Notes for special characters]
- Please do not use Roman numerals and/or any special characters.
- Please spell-out any Greek characters.
■ Creating movie materials
- You can submit a movie file for a reference material.
- MPEG1 Layer-1 format is recommended. Please refrain from using particular application or encoder.
- The total size of the movie file and the main paper PDF file should be less than 4MB.
RSJ2021実行委員会 E-mail: rsj2021[at]ac.rsj-web.org([at]を@に変更してください)
実行委員長 山崎 公俊（信州大学）
実行副委員長 河村 隆 （信州大学）
プログラム委員会 E-mail: rsj2021pc[at]ac.rsj-web.org([at]を@に変更してください)
プログラム委員長 市川 純章（公立諏訪東京理科大学）
〒113-0033 東京都文京区本郷2-19-7 ブルービルディング2F
Tel: 03-3812-7594、Fax: 03-3812-4628